🌱 The Brick Hotel Opens in Oceanside + SoCal News Round Up
Happy Monday! Now, let us catch you up on the biggest things happening at Oceanside-Camp Pendleton today. Here is.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather sunny and pleasant. High: 77 Low: 59.
Our local sponsor has great things to offer:
Are you ready to give your kitchen or bathroom a new look? Dawn Leeser, owner of Freedom Flooring & Interiors, will remodel your space with quality Masterbrand cabinetry while using the latest tile, flooring, countertops and hardware available. Call Dawn for a free design and estimate – residential, commercial, contractors and investors are all welcome. Contact Dawn at 760-607-2650, or visit Freedom Flooring & Interiors to learn more.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to start.
Here are the top four Oceanside-Camp Pendleton stories today:
- After years of painstaking renovations, the wait is over and The Brick Hotel is officially open in downtown Oceanside. The transformation of the former Schuyler Building into The Brick Hotel by fourth-generation residents has captured public interest throughout the five-year project. The Oceansiders watched in fascination as the historic 1888 building was torn down brick by brick, renovated, modernized and rebuilt to become a charming boutique hotel. Check out this Oceanside gem. (Oceanside-Camp Pendleton Patch)
- Did you take a break from the news this weekend? Don’t worry, we’ve rounded up some of the stories you missed in SoCal on Saturday and Sunday.. From a man who danced on a naked Patrol SUV in Hollywood, to a Hall of Fame pitcher getting a statue at Dodgers Stadium, to a third probable case of Monkeypox identified in San Diego, pending CDC confirmation, catch up on local news. Patch)
- A 60-year-old man was stabbed multiple times Sunday in a Kearny Mesa parking lot and died in a hospital, police said.. Police responded to a call at 12:22 a.m. Sunday about a stabbing in the 4400 block of Convoy Street, San Diego Police Department Lt. Steve Shebloski said. They found a man suffering from multiple stab wounds to the upper body. The suspect was described as male, possibly in his 30s. (City News Service)
- Oceanside Celebrated the Library’s New Bookstore at Jane and Evie’s Used Book Opening Ceremonies on the coastal road in downtown Oceanside. Chris Wilson, president of Friends of the Library, called the new storefront location “something outside the walls of the library to connect to the community.” The new hours of the bookstore are from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Saturday. (The San Diego Union-Tribune)
Help us improve this newsletter!
We’ve gotten so many positive comments on the Oceanside-Camp Pendleton Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? If so, take our simple – and fast! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and gossip that really matters to you. And it will help us achieve our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you unsubscribe from.
We would appreciate your feedback so much that if you complete the survey, we will enter your email address in a drawing for a little patch swag mountain. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us direct. Thanks!
Take the survey 👉
Today at Oceanside-Camp Pendleton:
- Nature Center Garden Work Party – Buena Vista Audubon Society (9am)
- Military Mondays at Arrowood Golf Course Flight Deck (10 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- Oceanside Police Department: “Just a few of our favorite moments from the June 19 celebration in downtown Oceanside. For more than 40 years, the North San Diego County NAACP has held an annual June 19 celebration in Oceanside to commemorate the end of slavery. (Oceanside Police Department via Facebook)
- City of Oceanside Parks and Recreation: The William A Wagner Aquatic Center was back on Sunday, June 19. The main water leak has been fixed! (Oceanside City Parks and Recreation via Facebook)
- MCCS Camp Pendleton: “Check out American Forces Travel, which offers the military community a wide selection of discounted rates on hotels, airfares, rental cars, vacation packages and cruises. https://www.americanforcestravel.com/ ?refclickid=MCXCPSM0622″ (MCCS Camp Pendleton via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Oceanside Adventures – Daily Year-Round Whale and Dolphin Excursions — (Visit Website)
- Institute of Healthcare – Become an EMT in just 4-8 weeks — (Visit website)
Lifeguard Tour 1: Oceanside Photo of the Day
Concerts and services:
You are now aware and ready to go out this Monday. I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update!
— Lisa Frost
About me: I’m the community editor for the Oceanside-Camp Pendleton patch and love sharing all things Oceanside. It’s a privilege to help locals and those who visit our amazing and diverse city stay informed about the local news, people and stories that shape our community. Explore all that Patch has to offer Oceansider:
Questions? Concerns? Comments? You have my full attention at [email protected]
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Oceanside-Camp Pendleton Daily? Contact me at [email protected]