Grande Dunes Resort course reopens after greens and bunkers restoration project, full clubhouse renovation
Architect John A. Harvey led the four-month effort, which ensures Grande Dunes will maintain its place among South Carolina’s top public amenities
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina, USA, September 20, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Grande Dunes Resort Course, one of Myrtle Beach’s most acclaimed courses, reopened Sept. 15 following a comprehensive greens, bunkers and clubhouse renovation project.
Architect John A. Harvey, who worked with Roger Rulewich on the design and construction of the course in 2001, has been hired to lead the four-month effort, which will ensure Grande Dunes retains its place among the world’s top public amenities. of the south rich in golf. Caroline.
● At the heart of the works, the installation of new TifEagle ultradwarf bermudagrass greens and the restoration of the putting surfaces of the course to their original size. Harvey and his team inspected each putting complex, finding the original rock foundation, which allowed them to restore the greens to their original dimensions.
● Grande Dunes regained nearly 40,000 square feet of putting surface, an increase of 33%.
● The Grande Dunes bunkers have also been restored to their original shape and contours, greatly improving their visual appeal.
● Additionally, the installation of new Capillary Concrete bunker liners ensures that the conditioning and playability of the bunkers will be significantly improved.
● Grande Dunes has collectively extended its fairways to eight acres, giving players few excuses to miss some of Myrtle Beach’s greatest fairways.
● Improvements to the course are complemented by the redesign of the Grandes Dunes clubhouse, which now includes a new restaurant, significantly expanded outdoor seating and a larger pro shop.
“Grande Dunes will once again play as originally intended, challenging golfers with bold green complexes and the strategic decisions that make the game so enjoyable,” said Steve Mays, president of Founders Group International. “Watching the project come to fruition over the past four months has been a treat. The course is in pristine condition and we look forward to welcoming golfers back to Grande Dunes.
Grande Dunes, which opened in 2001, was rated one of America’s Top 100 Public Courses and has long been considered one of the best courses in Myrtle Beach. The course features five holes that play along the Intracoastal Waterway, including the unforgettable par 3 14th.
Founders Group International owns 21 golf courses in Myrtle Beach, making it one of the largest management companies in the Southeast, and FGI has aggressively reinvested in its courses in recent years. FGI has also undertaken major capital improvement projects at Pine Lakes, Aberdeen Country Club, River Hills, Tradition Club and the PineHills and Palmetto courses in Myrtlewood over the past four years.
With more capital projects on the horizon, FGI is reinforcing its commitment to providing golfers with the best possible golf vacation experience.
For more information on the Great Dunes, visit www.GrandeDunesGolf.com.
For more information about FGI, visit www.FoundersGolf.com.
About Founders Group International
Founders Group International (FGI) is the leading golf course owner-operator company in the Southeastern United States. Formed in 2014 through various purchases and the acquisition of National Golf Management in 2015, FGI owns and operates 21 golf courses (405 holes) in and around Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, America’s golf capital in sea side.
These courses include Pine Lakes Country Club, the “grandfather” of Myrtle Beach area courses; TPC Myrtle Beach, host site of the 2019 NCAA Men’s Division I Golf Regional Championship and the Dustin Johnson World Junior Golf Championship; and the Grande Dunes Resort Club, home of the Grande Dunes Golf Performance Center.
FGI administers www.MBN.com, a leader in online tee reservations, as well as the Myrtle Beach Golf Trips package outlet. With the help of Golf Insider’s 100% player-generated course ranking system, thousands of golfers plan and assemble their ideal golf routes using FGI’s assets, including “100-caliber” Pawleys Plantation Golf courses. & Country Club, King’s North at Myrtle Beach National Golf Club and over 80 other courses in the Myrtle Beach area.
write to us here