New Commercial Director at Hotel Del; other career congratulations
Danielle Boyle is the new chief commercial officer of Hotel del Coronado, which is completing a $400 million renovation featuring a variety of stunning updates, including the addition of the Southpointe Event Center and the already sold-out Shore House luxury vacation homes.
Boyles, a hospitality industry veteran who most recently served as director of sales and marketing for the Grand Hyatt brand, said she had always loved Hotel Del and was thrilled to join the property at such a time. transformative of its rich history.
“It’s such an exciting time for The Del,” she said. “The property has never looked so good. The Commercial Director role is new and allows me to work with many hotel managers who are at the top of their game, connecting the dots to (deliver) enhanced experiences for our guests, owners and hotel members. crew.
- The most exciting thing about her new role: “The station and the people I work with.”
- Something she’s learned about herself over the past year: “I’m a much better person when I take time for myself. I recently started a healthy morning routine that includes a walk or yoga and doesn’t involve skipping over my emails as soon as I get out of bed. Not only do I feel better overall, but I make smarter business decisions and am a better leader.
- Career advice for others: “Dream big. It’s easy to turn yourself away from an amazing new opportunity, personally or professionally, because you’re afraid of failing or you don’t think you deserve it. Some of the best experiences I’ve had in life are because I took a risk.
Boyles began in her new role on July 15.
SHU professors earn honors
Five professors from the University of San Diego (USD) School of Law were recently selected by the law school to receive various prestigious awards.
- Warren Emeritus Professor of Law Orly Lobel was named University Professor for 2022-2023, the highest academic honor awarded at USD.
- Associate Dean of the Faculty and Professor of Law, Mila SohonI received the Herzog Research Chair.
- Law professor Ted Sichelman was named a 2022-2023 Herzog Fellow.
- Law professor Michael Ramsay was awarded the title of Endowed Professor of the Class of 1975 for 2022-2023.
- Professor of Law and Faculty Director of Legal Clinics Robert Muth received the Don Weckstein Professorial Chair in Professional Responsibility 2022-2023.
Other notable career moves
- Ricardo A. Macedo recently started a new role as Senior Vice President/Director of Commercial Banking at Banner Bank in San Diego.
- Tiffany Aquino joined Diego Gas & Electric as a business/economic analyst.
- Jorge Narvaez recently accepted a new position as a Restorative Justice Coordinator at the National Dispute Resolution Center, working in a North County school district.
- Camille Kimoto will work as a digital marketing coordinator at Blue Heron, a design-led development firm and custom home builder with projects in San Diego.
- Meredith Manée began a new executive chef position at The Bridges, a private golf and country club in the heart of Rancho Santa Fe.
To share your professional news, send an e-mail to [email protected]